Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Word of the year

I remember writing about my word of the year, last year. It ended up being 'heart', ironically enough. This year was a little easier for me to figure out. My word this year is 'life'. I feel like I wrestled with God a lot about life and death this last year and now I have a new understanding of life. I've decided that, in light of this past year and the lack of living we did, and the new life we've been given, we need to make the most of every moment.

I have hopes and ambitions, but we'll see what actually gets accomplished. I want to give my children memories and that means getting out of the house and doing things (which is hard for us homebodies). We want to take vacations and take lots of local day trips and possibly go camping (I'm on the fence about doing this given our kids current ages). We want to do preschool and swim lessons and other classes. Tim and I want to make more time for ourselves, both together and individually. Tomorrow night we are going on our first real date in over a year. 'Real' meaning that we are not at the hospital or running errands, and we will not be taking time alone together to discuss serious issues. 'Real' means we will be going out to enjoy each others company and relax and have fun together. We are hoping to make this a monthly occurrence.

As for me, I have not worked (for money) in over 3 years. I mean, making and taking care of 3 babies is a lot of work! But I wanted something for me, something to get me out of the house a little bit and hopefully make me feel like I'm contributing. But at the same time I didn't want to 'go back to work' and be taken away from raising my kids. So, I am starting a new adventure and attempting to start my own Norwex biz. I go back and forth between being really excited and ambitious about it, to being super nervous and second guessing myself for starting this. I am so not a 'sales-y' person but I truly believe in the products and think they sell themselves, so here's hoping they do! I'm also hoping to soon get all 3 kids onto similar schedules and be able to fit some time into my day for myself for reading, exercising, showering... (or working if I can get enough business). Since Maelyn's been here I have not had much time for any of that, but she's growing fast!

What's your word this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment