Sunday, January 29, 2017

Tomorrows procedures

Tomorrow is Maelyn's MRI and cardio catheter surgery. I am trying not to be anxious about it. Sometimes it feels like the waiting and anticipation is the worst part of surgery. I just want to get it over with because I know we will get through it and she will be back to her normal self in a few days. I know what it is and what to expect. We've kind of been through it before. The hardest part is watching your baby go through hurt and knowing you can't explain to her what is happening. It's handing over a happy, seemingly healthy, child and getting back a child in pain. That part will never get easier as a mother, but as she gets older it will get easier on her as she will be able to know what to expect. We are all learning how to adjust to this a normal part of life. She will need this procedure again and again throughout her life. This is just the first of many, tomorrow is just the begining. Tomorrow is just getting ready for the next big open heart surgery. But one step at a time, right? The one thing I have learned to do as we adjust to this life is to live one day at a time. It's much less stressful and so much easier to enjoy when I go one day at a time. All of our days are numbered. No one knows how many we have. But knowing Maelyn's odds of living as long as the rest of us are lower, we need to enjoy every day we get with her. Her just being here is a miracle that I never forget. She is such a blessing and brings so much joy and love to our family. I can't imagine life without her. God created her perfectly. 

Maelyn and I will be leaving our house at 5:15 am tomorrow morning, checking into the hospital at 6 am. She will be under anesthesia from about 7:30 am until somewhere around 1:30 pm (mst). Tim will be dropping the boys off at a friends house for the day and meeting me at the hospital to wait for Maelyn to get out of surgery. During these times, please pray for strength and peace for all of us. Pray for God's provision over Maelyn and the procedures she will have done. Pray for all of the doctors and nurses that will be taking care of her. Pray that she handles the anesthesia fine. After she is out of surgery she will need to lay flat on her back for two hours. Pray that will go smoothly... I'm not sure how that is going to work. There is a 50% chance that we will get to go home that night. Right now I am planning on staying the night, but pray that Maelyn does so well and that her body handles all of the procedures and heals so well that we get to come home. Through everything I just pray that God will show up and that He will be glorified. We have seen the healing work of God, we have felt the joy and strength of the Lord and we expect to encounter Him more. I will give thanks to God in all circumstances because He is my joy and my strength. 

1 comment: