Thursday, March 19, 2015

A little more chaos

I'll tell you, our life is just never boring. I was thinking the other day, it will slow down and get back to normal, but then I remembered, no it wont. With the up coming surgeries and the fact that we will be living with this heart problem forever, life will never be the same. But eventually, I hope, life will feel 'normal' again... some day.

I've just resigned to things just not going our way. I am not surprised any more. Since my last update I got sick, my car died, the dog busted his chin, and Tim's car got hit. By the time Tim called and told me he was rear ended, I just said, "ok". I feel like I actually knew it was coming. Luckily, the dog is fine, the vet bill was not as much as I thought it was going to be, Tim's car is actually fine, we are not going to take the time to get the scratch on the bumper fixed, and things with the new house are going really well. We were under legal contract by Saturday night. When Tim got the document in his email he showed it to me and I just started crying. I hadn't let myself feel relieved or excited about it until I saw those signatures. After having so many offers rejected, it was so surreal to see that contract signed. It was almost too easy! We had the home inspection yesterday and that went really well. No big issues, no big surprises, just little minor fixes that Tim can do. My car has been out of commission since Monday. Tim was up all night Tuesday working on it and decided to take it in. He found a good shop to take it to and they are still trying to fix it. We are hoping to have it back tomorrow. Pray that they can fix it! We did have the thought, do we need a new car too? Ugh! I hope not. I've been sick all week, pregnancy makes getting over colds so much harder. I feel like I've been sick for the majority of this pregnancy! Monday, my car died while trying to take Micah to get his blood drawn, again. So Tuesday Tim took him and it was another traumatic experience. I am really glad Tim was there and not me.

Micah has been walking like a champ! He almost doesn't crawl any more. Of course that means he gets a new bruise on his face every day! And the sibling rivalry has stared to rear it's head more. But I am very glad he is walking. It makes playing outside easier and he is much more self sufficient. He can go get his own cups and toys, and he is just amused by walking, it's a new game. Now he just needs to work on using words instead of grunts. When we move, Micah and Ben will be moving into one bedroom and I am thinking Micah will make the move into his big boy bed too. I am getting more nervous for them to share a room, even though that was the plan the whole time. I just see them sleeping so much less (especially for naps), which means less down time for me. I know there will be an adjustment time, I just hope that it is a fast adjustment and they learn to sleep with each other fast. We will only have 4 short weeks between moving and Maelyn being born. If you have any tips for having a 3 year old and 1.5 year old share a room, let me know!

This week Tim has been extra super husband/daddy. I am so grateful. He has been doing everything plus keeping up with work, even though he has missed a lot of time in the office. I just got so overwhelmed and then I got sick and then I didn't have a car, I have been useless this week. Tim has been sacrificing his time and sleep to make sure everything is in order with the new house and with Micah and Ben and my car and me, and you wouldn't even know it. He is so relaxed and happy and even keel all the time. I don't know how he does it, but he does it with such grace and love, even when I am so not being graceful and loving. I know God put us together for so many reasons, and that is a huge one. I am so thankful for my husband.

Praise you Lord for Tim and who you created him to be. Praise you God for our new house, I can not wait to make it our home. Praise you God for my adorable little boys and how you are growing them everyday. Lord I pray that you are preparing Maelyn for life, it might be a hard life but I pray it will be a life that will be so glorifying to You. And God, I pray that all these little things would stop happening and that more good little things would come our way instead. God protect our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment