Sunday, March 8, 2015

House Hunting

I am already so sick of looking at houses. Tim and I both said we just want a magic wand to snap us into the future, where we are already settled into a new house, and skip the finding it and moving part. We have officially decided to attempt to buy a house now since we can not find anything we can afford to rent. There was a rental house that I wanted to look at but the listing person said that she couldn't show it until a certain date. So on that date I asked to go see it and she told me that the first person to look at it already put down a deposit. That was my final straw. That has happen to us too many times. We we can't find things that are affordable, no less get into see them.

We didn't get the first house we put an offer on. It needed a lot of work so we were not even willing to offer asking price. But someone else did. Last night we put an offer on another house. This one is in our same neighborhood, which to me is perfect, and it doesn't need work. Within a couple of hours we heard back that our, $10,000 over asking price offer, was too low to even be considered. So we talked about it and decided that staying in our neighborhood is of enough value to us to offer an even higher price and go over our own max budget. However, even with this ridiculous offer, we do not think we will get the house. We know there are a ton of other offers, all ridiculously over asking price. Which just blows my mind that the house is even worth that much. I'm just so frustrated that these houses are going for so much. Just in looking at houses this last month the market has increased so much. I'm afraid by next week the market will have gone up more and we wont be able to afford to buy any more either!

I'm so stressed about house hunting. And kind of mad. Looking for a house to buy is supposed to be fun and exciting. Sure a little stressful, but most of the time you are moving and looking to buy a house, because you want to and you are ready. Not because you are being told to leave your home and you are going to be homeless in less than 2 months if you don't find something. And house hunting is so tiring! Lugging two little kids and a big pregnant belly through one house after another is hard! I'm exhausted. Buying is a big deal, I don't want to settle, but I'm afraid we will have to due to our timeline. This was not our choice and it all just feels wrong. I thought that we would buy a house eventually, but when we were ready, and sure of where we were. I hate the pressure, I don't feel sure of anything, and I don't feel at peace about anything. We will hear tomorrow afternoon if we got this house in our neighborhood or not. If not we keep searching.

There is still so much that can go wrong. We need financing to work out, we need a house that will not depreciate in a couple years, we need Tim's job, and we need to keep tenants in our townhouse in PA. If anything else goes wrong we might just be homeless... I feel like I'm standing on a cliff that keeps slowly crumbling beneath my feet and I'm not sure when the next stone will drop. Thankfully we have had a lot of support from friends and family. But we need the bad news to stop and we need to get some really good news. We need to catch a break somewhere. 

Lord, what are you doing? Give me a sense of peace about all of this. Lord, don't just provide us a house, but a home, the right home for our family (and fast, please). 

No comments:

Post a Comment