Sunday, May 10, 2015

Joy

This weekend my very good friends threw me a baby shower to celebrate my baby girl. It was perfect! It was just a handful of my closest friends. There were cute little decorations, made my my friend. We ate delicious food and cake. The cake was amazing, again made by my friend! We all made headbands for Maelyn and they blessed me with gifts. We ended with them each praying for me and my family. The whole thing was a huge blessing. 



During the prayer time God really pressed on my heart the word JOY. Ever since our 20 week ultrasound I have had a very hard time feeling joy. Joy about anything, but really joy about my baby. Preparing to have a baby should be joyful, and I should be joyfully waiting her arrival. But all I have had is fear, anxiety, and worry. Anytime that I get a sense of joy, I shoot it down with the reality, all of the different realities that we are facing, and the reality that she could die. I haven't wanted to prepare for her to come home, because there is a chance she wont. I really have not let myself prepare for anything beyond her 6 month mark. So when people have handed me 12 month clothes, I just shove it aside, because I can't think that far. So at the shower, celebrating her and opening presents to prepare for her birth and home coming, I was forced to feel joy for her. It was wonderful. Then I got home and started unpacking presents and getting things ready to wash and put away for her, and all I could think is, what if she never gets to use this? What if she never comes home and I have all of this ready for her? But I can't let myself keep thinking that way, I need to let myself rejoice in the fact that I am having a baby girl. God wants me to feel that joy for her, because He created her to be my baby, my joy and pride. So I am going to try and feel joy, and wait excitedly for her arrival, and maybe that will make the fear and anxiety easier. I spent this afternoon getting her room ready, not just as a guest room (which it is) but as Maelyn's room, ready for her to come home one day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment