Saturday, May 30, 2015

The power of your prayer

The rest of our hospital stay was very uneventful. We were moved to the regular cardiac unit where we felt more like she was a regular baby. Her vitals were checked every 4 hours, but really the nurses would just wait until she was awake or feeding. We felt like we were much more in charge of her care. We would change and weigh her diapers and just leave notes on the white board for the nurse. The nurses were trying to help us be discharged sooner because they knew she was doing so well and she didn't need to be there. We met with the doctors Wednesday morning and they even agreed that she was doing so great with feeding and weight gain and her oxygen levels had been consistent. The only reason we had to wait one more night was because we were waiting for a pulse-oximeter to take home. 

Moved to a crib in the Cardiac Progressive Care Unit and only 2 wires!
Staying at the hospital was quite uncomfortable. The beds were not mommy friendly and there was no bathroom in the room. But over all, we tried to make the best of it and relax. We just held her and watched Scrubs on the laptop. We didn't even have cell service in our second room, so we couldn't make phone calls. We kept up with friends and family through texts. I did much better being away from the boys than I thought I would. They came on Monday to visit but then got sick and were not able to come back to visit. They were very happy to be hanging out with their Nana. Even once we got home it was like, they were happy to see us but really just wanted to keep playing with Nana and G-pa. It wasn't until today that I feel like Micah is starting to get more clingy to me. 
Just in the car, ready to go home!
I can not even express my feelings about coming home. I over prepared for being in the hospital for a long time, I did not prepare at all for coming home in 4 days. I was not prepared, but so ready. I could not wait to get out of that hospital, into my bed, take a shower!, have some privacy, and see my boys. I can not imagine having to stay longer than we did. I had dreamed about bringing my baby girl home, nursing her at home, sitting out in the backyard watching the boys with her, sleeping with her by my bed, and doing all of the normal newborn stuff with her, but did not think I was actually going to be able to do those things. I am not taking any of it for granted. I am over joyed to be home with her. The nights with her have not been so hard and part of that is that she is a great baby and part of that is that I am just so grateful to have her here. It would be harder if she wasn't here. 
Mommy and daddy snuggles! All dressed up for pictures. 
When my water broke, I was scared, I was mad, I was panicked. But since we arrived at the hospital Sunday morning (and by morning, I mean 12:30), I have had so much peace and strength that only the Lord can give, and joy. I thought that I was going to be a mess during labor and delivery, and I wasn't, I felt His peace and joy. And when she was taken away from my chest after birth, I thought that I would break apart, but I didn't. I felt confident and secure in His plans. And during all of the needles and wires and tests that she endured, I felt the Lords peace that it was all for a purpose and that he was holding her in His palm. And as everything was coming back with good news, and she was doing so well, and she was surpassing all of the nurses and doctors expectations, my faith was renewed and I felt the Lords love and power was shining down on us. I give Him the glory for giving my miracle girl life, and life to the full. And I thank YOU for praying. Prayer is so powerful. I struggled with how to pray during my long and trying pregnancy with her, but YOU held me up. Each prayer you said for us was heard and was used by the Lord, and I will be forever grateful. 
Actually awake! And dressed up to go meet our favorite pediatrician. 
As well as she is doing right now, her whole life is going to be an uphill battle and will need continued prayer. The long long term outlook is still unknown, I'm taking it a day at a time. For right now she will have weekly cardiology appointments as well as regular well checks with her pediatrician (who we saw today and I just love). Continue to pray for her heart and for strength and growth. She will be needing at least two open heart surgeries, lets start to pray for those now. Pray for all of the normal baby stuff, sleeping and eating. Pray for her loving brothers. Right now Micah has a cold and a fractured leg in a full cast and Ben has a cold and an ear infection. Pray for our parents who are here helping with the boys, for travel and energy.  Pray for our family of 5 and any and all that the future holds. Praise God for what He has done and what He is to do. 

I will try to post more pictures on here but mostly I use Instagram. So if you want to be overloaded with pictures of my kids, find me on there!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You post is very excellent, I liked it. Thanks for share with us.

    Thanks ..!!

    http://accumed.com/pulse-oximeters.html/

    ReplyDelete