Thursday, January 22, 2015

A quick Micah update

Honestly, Micah is the least of my concerns right now. But I'll write about all of that tomorrow. I haven't really let anyone know how the 2 am feedings have been going because I don't really know. We started them about a week or so ago. I have been struggling with insomnia. Tim has been great about getting up to feed Micah. I did it one night because I had already been awake for 2 hours, so I told Tim I would just do it and then I laid awake for another 2 hours. Then Tim was on a 2 night business trip so I had to be on night duty. I did not get much sleep. Micah ended up getting sick with a bad cough so we were both up a lot the first night, but really I just couldn't sleep. When Tim got home I used my ear plugs and got one great nights sleep, before last night, but I'll write about that later.  Micah does ok with waking up. Most nights he drinks it all and goes right back to sleep. When he was sick he struggled to drink it all, threw it all up one night, and one night he laid awake for a while after. His ketone levels were not improving like they were hoping so we increased the 2 am dose of corn starch. I'm really hoping we don't increase again because its starting to get thick. But his ketones are still just not looking right. So this morning I am taking him to have blood drawn to check and see of the corn starch has been helping all of his other levels, because even if his ketones look off, we need to make sure his triglycerides and lactades are going down and his liver is getting smaller. That is the goal. We want his body to not show signs of distress, we want his liver smaller and we want his energy levels up. However this is a fasting blood draw so I have to take him (and Ben) there with out breakfast (which for GSD is a big no no, but doctors orders). So I have lots of snacks shoved in my purse for as soon as its over. Then this afternoon Tim and I have another appointment for baby, so I will share about what is going on with baby tonight or tomorrow. But if you are reading this right now, please please pray for our family. Pray for healing for baby. Pray for me. Pray for my insomnia. Pray for the boys. Pray for Tim. Pray for miracles and strength and comfort and peace and love and all of God's goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment