Monday, January 5, 2015

Our trip to NY

When we moved, Tim and I had talked about going to NY for Thanksgiving and staying home for Christmas, but after we took a long and expensive trip to NY in July we had been thinking we were not going to make the trip again. However, by the fall I was getting pretty home sick for the east coast and being pregnant and we are not sure what our summer will bring. So we figured out how to use Tim's airline miles and were able to make the trip work. The catch to using the miles was that we needed to be in NY for something like 16 days. Tim was able to work remotely for most of it, since he doesn't have unlimited vacation time, shucks. One thing I knew I needed was a road trip to PA if we were going to make it to NY. So we planned our big trip!

We stayed at my parents B&B for the 2+ weeks and were able to fit our two car seats in their Prius. (Thanks mom and dad!) Tim and I took a road trip to PA and left the boys with my parents for a night. Again, huge thanks mom and dad!! We got to catch up with lots of friends we hadn't seen in a year and we went to Christmas Candy Lane at Hershey Park! We spent the night at the Messiah College Alumni house, which was actually really nice! We went to McBic in the morning and got to see more friends and hear from pastor Layne and worship with Lindsey! I was hoping we would get to PA and I would feel like I was visiting, but as soon as we drove up to Mechanicsburg, I felt like I was home. I was so glad we were able to make it back, even for a short visit. 



My sister and her family came from NC and stayed for a week with us! We got to see our other siblings and their families a lot too. It is always hard to balance time between everyone (and nap schedules) but we made the most of our time. We were able to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with both sides of the family. We went to Lollypop farm, Rochester Children's Museum, the mall and lots of trip to Grammy and Papa's and Aunt Tara and Uncle Dave's house. We were able to see almost ALL of our extended families too. The only family we missed was one aunt/uncle on each side and a couple cousins. I was lucky to be able to catch a huge family bash for my aunt where I quickly caught up with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids. It was great to see them all! Some I hadn't seen in so many years! Tim's grandmothers came to visit and his family from PA came up and were able to visit. It was a whirl wind, since everyone was in town over the same weekend but we crammed it all in and then had lots of down time with Nana and G-pa while Tim worked and went on a quick business trip.  We even got to play date with Jen and her son who just moved back to NY from CO! Here are a few random pictures from the trip, I realized when we got home I didn't get very many. 






One flight home I got to sit by myself because of the tiny plane.
He is super dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment