Saturday, January 24, 2015

Maelyn Aletta: Behind the name

So, some have asked (and some I have just told) where Maelyn's name came from, and I love it so I wanted to share. We've had lots of time to think about girls names since she is our third pregnancy. Lyn has always been the middle name I wanted to use. Lyn is a family name for me since my mom is Lynda, I'm Katelyn, and my sisters middle name is Lynn. But I also love Aletta which is a family name on Tim's side. It is his grandmother's name and mom's middle name. I really liked Mae. I think it is really cute and pretty. So as I'm thinking about it, I'm like why can't I just combine them and get to use both names for one kid? Hence, I came up with Maelyn Aletta and somehow convinced Tim.

The funny thing is. We were pretty set on a different name (I actually had told some people she was going to have a different name, sorry people) but the week or two before the ultrasound I was having second thoughts. So I re-presented both names to Tim and let him pick between the one we previously agreed on, which we have agreed on since we were first married, or Maelyn.

I love Maelyn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment