Monday, February 2, 2015

Random updates

I heard back today that all of the results came back from the amniocentesis and she has all normal chromosomes and is definitely a girl! Such good news. 

I got a call from all three of my doctors offices today, just checking in and trying to help me get my general OB care switched to the University Hospital. I need to hear from them and get scheduled and to know if I need to keep all of my other appointments. I am also waiting for the Children's Hospital to call and schedule Micah's follow up appointment. This whole "waiting for people to call me to schedule", is kind of annoying. I want to get things scheduled so that I can find people to watch the boys and Tim can plan on taking off work. I'm also just anxious to get back to the doctors and have them check on Maelyn. At least she is pretty active and now feeling her move is so reassuring. I think I'm starting to be able to feel her move from the outside, which is exciting for Tim. 

The boys have been rotating through various sicknesses over the last several weeks. The latest is some weird stomach bug. They don't seem sick at all until suddenly they throw up all over, and then they seem fine again. Last night we were up three times changing Ben's bedding and PJs. We ended up doing 6 loads of laundry from one bad night. I am terrified of getting it. I don't want to feel any worse than this pregnancy already has me. We just need a break from sickness, and we need to see people again! 

The boys having a teddy bear picnic in the teepee today
Ben has been adorable lately. He has been so caring and loving. He intentionally shares and coaches Micah on how to do things. He asks me at least 5 times a day, "are you happy? are you very very very happy?", and I try to be honest in my response. He is so sweet, he tries to understand what makes me happy and when I am not happy, why not. He also likes to talk about Maelyn now. He asks about her broken heart. Today he was playing and he put a toy on my belly and said that he was fixing her heart. When I told Tim the story later he just said, "but it's not broken anymore, I did fix her heart". Then he kept asking if it was still broken and we just told him that we need to go back to the doctors to check. 

Another funny Ben story; I asked him to pray before bed last night and he says, "Dear God, I love my bed and I love Micah's bed and I love Micah and I love me, I really love me". Then with a little coaching he finished with our more typical prayer and says, "Dear God, Thank you for today,and God bless Ben and Micah and Ben and Maelyn and Ben and mommy and daddy and Bentley and Oscar, amen." (He always prays for Oscar, our cat who has not lived with us in well over a year!)

Ben and Micah got new beds in Ben's room.
Micah will move into it after he starts walking well.
Micah started this stomach bug but has not thrown up in several days. But today he finally decided to attempt to walk on his own! Yay! He hasn't taken more than two steps and half the time he face-plants after his attempt, but he thinks it's hilarious. I am just relieved he is trying. I feel like it is a sign that we are getting his Glycogen Storage under control. I just need him walking before Maelyn comes home.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying and sending encouragement. We really appreciate it and have needed it. Thank you for praying for the boys, they have been doing well, but I am still praying that God will prepare them for all that is coming in June. Please keep praying for Maelyn's heart and pray for wisdom for her doctors. Continue to pray for sleep and health. Even though I'm sleeping more, I feel like I am only having dreams about my three kids being in distress. I don't know if it is just the bad night we had last night but I've been feeling more anxious and worrying about all sorts of things. Continue to pray for peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment