Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines Day

We are not huge valentines day people. Tim and I's tradition is homemade cards. I don't remember the last time either of us did a valentines gift or went out on a valentines date. But every year, I swear Tim's cards get better and better, and I am pretty sure mine don't... The last few years mine are more from the kids and Tim's are even more heart felt. I'm ok with admitting my card this year was pretty lame. I let Micah color on a piece of paper and then Ben put hand prints on it and I wrote, "We love you daddy!, Love, Ben, Micah, Maelyn and Katelyn". Not going to lie, it was last minute. But I made pancakes for breakfast! Does that make up for it? This year, however, is the winner from Tim. He made me a card and got me a box of chocolates. And he made Maelyn a super sweet card and got her a box of chocolates, to be enjoyed via mommy. After I read the cards he walked up to me and I was hugging him and he was like, "you're not crying, are you". Choking back tears, I was like, "no... sort of". He also sent me off to enjoy a morning alone browsing a consignment sale. I rarely ever leave the house without the boys, so it was a real treat. I spent most of the time looking at all the little girl clothes! And I got myself some maternity clothes, since I left all of mine in PA when we moved. I also stopped for a free iced coffee from Chick Fil-A on my way home! The weather today is amazing, so after nap we are planning on taking a walk to the park as a family. It's turning out to be a great valentines day!




Regardless of how you are feeling this valentines day, or what you are doing, I pray that you remember this. Valentines day is not just about having that "someone special", it is about remembering to love intentionally. Remember where our source of love comes from and share it with everyone! Let the love of Christ radiate from you!

(John 3:16) God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life. (Mark 12:30-31) Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment