Saturday, February 7, 2015

The odds

When you have a baby suddenly you become paranoid. You will do anything you physically can to protect this little life that has been entrusted to you. You stay up a night making sure your newborn is breathing, you feed and bath them before yourself, you check the car seat 5 times to make sure that they are strapped in tight enough, you imagine every worst case scenario so that you are prepared to jump into action to save them in case a car jumps a curb, or your house spontaneously catches on fire. Your one job in life is to keep them alive, right? As if this isn't hard enough and the odds of a normal life aren't bad enough, what if that baby already has more odds against it? How, as a mother, do you live to protect your child with odds against it that you have no control over. How do I protect her knowing that, Mealyn's heart could fail after a week, or 30 years, but it is going to happen. I know, you just do it, because they are your child. I know families struggle with their kids fighting the odds everyday. I know you just rely on God's strength and that His plans are better than ours. It just hurts. It being your kids is just the worst kind of hurt. I've been praying, please God, not my children. I don't want to watch my children suffer, I don't want to bury my daughter, take this cup from me Lord, give me the odds, not my kids. 

Lord, take this cup from us, heal her heart now, change her odds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment